A Bangkok mall for sale with BTS direct access is available now as an attractive commercial property investment opportunity – sale with a long-term lease
This mall will be completed in 2024 by one of Thailand top 5 developers as a part of a large mix-use project.
Location of this Bangkok mall for sale
This commercial property is located in Khu Khot district in Pathum Thani province – one of the densest residential areas of the northern Bangkok Metropolitan Region or BMR. This commercial property has a DIRECT ACCESS from Khu Khot BTS Station
- Residential zone & connecting area
- Near park & ride building, Transportation Node
- Near Don Mueng International Airport
- Good exposure from land frontage
- Easily access to northern CBD [ Ari – Phaholyothin ]
- A single trip to the city center / CBD
- New development & living Node
Transit-Oriented Development (TOD)
- Transit Station – part of a transportation network. Allow residents to access the region’s neighborhood, destinations, and centers, thereby promoting transit use.
- Open spaces – to include transit plazas, small parks, or regional open spaces.
- High-quality walking environments and streetscapes – allow people to take care of some of their daily needs by walking or biking
- Mix-use development – includes a moderate-to high-density mix of residential, commercial, employment, and civic/cultural development
- Residential buildings – include residential buildings that can vary from small-lot single-family units to multifamily units
- Employment development- offers mixed-use and employment developments that can vary from residential over commercial to office/commercial building
- Middle income, young generation, who live in Khu Khot Municipality and Lad Sawai Municipality
- Nue Khu Khot Station residents
- BTS commuters who take less than 15 min to ride on the Sukhumvit line to Khu Khot Station
Primary Traffic targets
- Condominium residents: Total units in Nue Khu Khot station for all four phases are 4,684 units (approximately 7,000 people)
- Local population: Total population in the trade area = 192,735 people
- BTS commuters: Number of BTS Passengers at Khu Khot station (17,071 rides/day)
- Other potential traffic: Other BTS Commuters who take less than 15 mins to Khu Khot Station from BTS Saphan to Khu Khot Station (35,696 rides/day)
- Total Potential customers in the trade area = 252,502 people
Commercial Property For Sale With Long-Term Lessee
Lotus’s (formerly Lotus Supercenter, Tesco Lotus Supercenter, and Tesco Lotus) is the largest retail chain in Thailand operated by Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group, with operations in Malaysia through the acquisition of Tesco operations in Malaysia since 2020. Tesco Lotus started from the Lotus Supercenter chain started in 1994 by the Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group with the first store opening in Seacon Square. In 1998, British supermarket chain Tesco took a stake to create “Tesco Lotus”. CP Group sold most of its shares in Tesco Lotus in 2003.
Lotus’s stores currently operate in five formats: Extra, Hypermarket, Department Store, Talad, and Express (a total of 2,030 stores across Thailand). Extra, Hypermarket, and Department store formats sell fresh food, prepared foods, and grocery offerings as well as a non-food offering including electrical appliances, apparel, toys, stationery, and household goods. Talad (‘market’) is a “supermarket format” selling mainly groceries. Express is a convenience “mini-supermarket” format. Many of the products on the shelf are Tesco house brand products.
- Property: Land (plot area 5,700 sq.m.) and 2 buildings (4-storey & 2-storey) with total building area 10,980 sq.m. Connected with BTS station on the 4th floor
- Ownership: Freehold (with a long-term lease contract)
- Selling value: THB 477.18 M
- Rental: THB 23.06 MB./year (with a growth rate of 5% every 3 yrs.)
- Net Yield (initial): 5.0% (after all expenses and taxes)
- Lessee: Ek-Chai Distribution System Co., Ltd. (also known as Lotus)
- Lease term: 15 years (from December 2023 – November 2038)
- Rental rate: THB 23.06 M/year (with a growth rate of 5% every 3 yrs.).
- Grace period 3 months (from delivery date, tentatively: September 2023
- Advance payment (at the beginning of each year)
- Break clause: 5 years, contract termination before December 2028, an owner will receive the entire amount of the deposit.
- Deposit: 1-year rental (THB 23.06 MB.) from the lessee (Owner receives on contract date)
- Operation and management: By Lessee
- All expenses (Property tax & etc.): by Lessee